Synthetic resin-based water-dispersion primer with very low volatile organic compound (VOC).
Treating gypsum or anhydrite surfaces prior to installing ceramic tiles and stone material with cementitious adhesives or levelling.
WHERE TO USE
• For treating gypsum surfaces prior to installing ceramic tiles.
• As an anchoring coat for gypsum-based sprayable plasters.
• To improve the adhesion of smoothing compounds on cementitious or anhydrite and gypsum-based surfaces.
• To provide uniform absorption in cementitious or gypsum surfaces.
Some application examples:
• Preparing cement-based surfaces prior to smoothing with self-levelling or thixotropic smoothing compounds.
• Between layers of smoothing compounds once the first coat is perfectly dry.
• On gypsum plasters prior to smoothing with cementitious products.
• On anhydrite surfaces prior to applying cement-based products.
• On cementitious renders prior to smoothing with gypsum-based products.
• On gypsum walls as a fixative for wallpaper adhesives.
• Before installing ceramic tiles with cementitious adhesives on:
– gypsum plasters and sprayed gypsum;
– pre-cast gypsum panels;
– fibrous-gypsum panels;
– anhydrite screeds.
• Treating gypsum walls, chipboard, cement fibre boards, foamed concrete, renders etc. prior to papering or painting.
To read more click here: Primer G Technical Sheet
The surfaces to be treated must be clean and porous.
Dilute Primer G with water from 1:1 to 1:3 to protect old floors before levelling, to fix the residual dusting and to provide even absorption of substrates prior to levelling or laying. Apply on perfectly dry gypsum or anhydrite surfaces (residual moisture content less than 0.5%).